Faux Finish Wall Painting in Little Elm
Interior Home Painting Contractor
Are you wondering how a faux finish would look on the walls of your Little Elm home’s bedroom, living room, or dining room? The professional faux finish painters at Encore Painting can help you decide which technique is right for your vision—ragging, glazing, color rubbing, sponging, or any one of the many methods we use. Let us transform your room from a living space to a work of art!
Call Encore today at 972-464-7205 to get a free estimate on paint glazing work in your Little Elm, TX home.
Add drama and dimension to your interior paint project with the art of faux finish painting or "glazing." Glaze is a thin translucent film of paint color that is applied over a base coat to create a textured finish. The team at Encore Painting is experienced in all kinds of popular paint glazing techniques. Let us transform your room from a living space to a work of art!
Call Encore today to get a free estimate on paint glazing work in your Little Elm home.
There are many different glaze application techniques to use on walls and other interior surfaces. Some of the most common are:
- Ragging – This clever technique creates a rustic yet sophisticated finish. Ragging involves applying thinned paint to a wall with a special lint-free cloth. Rolling the cloth, or rag, over the wall results in a subtle dimensional effect.
- Sponging – There are two types of paint sponging: sponging on and sponging off. Both start with a base coat that is allowed to dry completely. In sponging on, one or two accent colors, thinned with glaze, are applied to the base coat with a sea sponge. In sponging off, the accent color is mixed with a glaze and brushed onto the wall in a thin coat. A sea sponge is dabbed quickly onto the still-wet accent color to remove some of the glaze and create a unique textured look.
- Color rubbing – This painting technique is exactly what it sounds like. After the base coat is completely dry, an accent color is rubbed on with a cloth to create a one-of-a-kind look.
- Tortoise-shelling – For a truly dramatic effect, there is nothing like tortoise-shelling. This detailed, precise technique involves using artist's brushes to apply a specially-mixed glazing coat in patches, pulls, and spatters. The result is a dark, luxurious finish.
- Other glazing and texture effects – Our talented painters are well-versed in every type of faux-finish technique. Encore can create an impressive look in any room of your Little Elm home with a wide range of finishes, including:
- Faux leather or suede
With these professional glazing and faux-finish techniques, the Encore Painting team can easily create beautiful masterpieces on your walls. Whether you are trying to recreate the grandeur of marble halls or finishes found in old historic homes, the right glazing technique can bring your vision to life.
Glazing and Faux-Finish Interior Painting in Little Elm, TX
Call Encore Painting at 972-464-7205 or use our convenient online form today to get your free estimate on interior glazing or faux-finishing in your Little Elm home.
Additional interior services from Encore:
Interior Painting Services and More
- Priming and Painting – Your interior painting estimate includes both painting AND priming. Priming the walls is critical to ensuring a high-quality paint job. Primer helps the paint adhere to your walls and gives the new paint a clean, blank canvas so that its true color won’t be affected by the previous shade. We are happy to discuss with you the best primer for your particular needs.
- Glazing – Glazing is a painting overlay technique that adds texture and depth to interior walls. It can help you achieve a particular look or style for your rooms. Ask us about ragging, sponging, color-rubbing, or tortoise-shelling!
- Wallpaper Removal – Though it may look easy, there is a method to removing wallpaper—actually, there are two! Encore will determine whether your wallpaper needs to be dry stripped or soaked and scraped. Using the proper procedure helps avoid damage to your drywall and leaves the wall surface ready to be prepped for painting.
- Drywall Repair – Have you discovered damage on your drywall? Encore can help. We are experienced with drywall repair of all kinds.
- Popcorn Removal – Ready to get rid of your home’s popcorn ceilings? So are we! Let Encore do this dirty job for you—we’ll leave a smooth, updated ceiling in its place!
Exterior Painting Services and More in Little Elm
- Priming and Painting – The Encore team can completely transform the look of your Little Elm home’s exterior with a new color or freshen up its curb appeal with a new application of its existing color. For exterior painting, we highly recommend priming the surface first. Primer helps maximize the lifespan of your new exterior paint job.
- Power Washing – Power washing is usually the most effective method for completely cleaning the exterior of your home. But it should be done by a professional—different parts of your home’s exterior require different pressures and techniques. An inexperienced user may damage woodwork or brick. Encore’s painters are power-wash pros!
- Caulking – Keep the cold out and the warmth in with a re-caulking job from Encore. If you live in an older home, it’s an especially good idea to have your caulking professionally redone, particularly as part of a new paint job.
- Wood Replacement – At Encore, we also do replacements of siding, shutters, and other exterior wood materials.
- Door and Shutter Staining – Add some extra polish to your exterior paint job by having your doors and shutters stained. A fresh new color and shine can do wonders for your home’s curb appeal.
- Fence and Deck Staining – Sealing and staining your home’s deck and fencing helps prolong their life, as well as their good looks!