Glazing & Texture Paint Techniques
Interior Home Painting Contractor
Add drama and dimension to your interior paint project with the art of "glazing." Glaze is a thin translucent film of paint color that is applied over a base coat to create a textured finish. The team at Encore Painting is experienced in all kinds of popular paint glazing techniques. Let us transform your room from a living space to a work of art!
Call Encore today to get a free estimate on paint glazing work in your Collin County home.
There are many different glaze application techniques to use on walls and other interior surfaces. Some of the most common are:
- Ragging – This clever technique creates a rustic yet sophisticated finish. Ragging involves applying thinned paint to a wall with a special lint-free cloth. Rolling the cloth, or rag, over the wall results in a subtle dimensional effect.
- Sponging – There are two types of paint sponging: sponging on and sponging off. Both start with a base coat that is allowed to dry completely. In sponging on, one or two accent colors, thinned with glaze, are applied to the base coat with a sea sponge. In sponging off, the accent color is mixed with a glaze and brushed onto the wall in a thin coat. A sea sponge is dabbed quickly onto the still-wet accent color to remove some of the glaze and create a unique textured look.
- Color rubbing – This painting technique is exactly what it sounds like. After the base coat is completely dry, an accent color is rubbed on with a cloth to create a one-of-a-kind look.
- Tortoise-shelling – For a truly dramatic effect, there is nothing like tortoise-shelling. This detailed, precise technique involves using artist's brushes to apply a specially-mixed glazing coat in patches, pulls, and spatters. The result is a dark, luxurious finish.
- Other glazing and texture effects – Our talented painters are well-versed in every type of faux-finish technique. Encore can create an impressive look in any room of your home with a wide range of finishes, including:
- Faux leather or suede
With these professional glazing and faux-finish techniques, the Encore Painting team can easily create beautiful masterpieces on your walls. Whether you are trying to recreate the grandeur of marble halls or finishes found in old historic homes, the right glazing technique can bring your vision to life.
Glazing and Faux-Finish Interior Painting in Dallas-Fort Worth
Call Encore Painting at 972-464-7205 or use our convenient online form today to get your free estimate on interior glazing or faux-finishing in your Collin County home.
Additional interior services from Encore:
- Wallpaper Removal – Your Encore technician will evaluate the age, type, and location of the wall covering to determine the proper removal technique.
- Drywall Repair – Encore Painting can do drywall repairs such as nail holes, stress cracks, holes, exposed corners, and peeling drywall tape.
- Wood Trim Painting – Your Encore Painting team employs a tactical strategy when painting trim! We guarantee a clean, precise finish.
- Popcorn Ceiling Removal – If you're ready to get rid of your popcorn ceiling, call Encore. Our team will mask the floors, remove the popcorn texture, apply the new texture and clean up any resulting debris.
- Cabinet Painting or Staining – Painting or staining existing cabinets is one of our most requested projects. We take pride in transforming kitchen cabinetry from old and worn-out to fresh and updated.
- Molding and Trim Installation – We can install molding and trim in the living room, hallway, and throughout your home. We can also add chair railings in the dining room and paint the molding for a more striking look.