If you want to improve the curb appeal of your home by giving it a beautiful look, but you don’t want to spend a fortune on a full exterior paint job, then you can choose to refresh only specific areas that add beauty to your exterior.
We talked to Encore Painting in Mckinney, Texas and they revealed the three places where you can update the exterior paint to boost the curb appeal of your home, and these are the garage door, the front door, and the window shutters.
Let’s talk in detail how giving them a fresh coat of paint can help beautify your entire home from the outside.
- The garage door takes a large area of the front of your home so you’ll naturally want it to look its best. The ideal move is to choose a different color from your house as the color of the garage door.
For instance, if your home is colored in red on the front then you should opt for a beige color for your door. For any home that has a solid color, you would want the door to blend in properly so try choosing the same hue with a darker or lighter shade.
- If you really want the door to stand out instead, then choose a contrasting color instead such as white with blue, or black if your house is painted green. Talk to a professional painter to find out which colors complement each other.
- The front door is the focal point of your home and most people notice it the most when approaching your building. This is why you need the front door to stand out from the rest of your home so it gives a welcoming feel.
Instead of opting for a natural plain wooden door look, opt for a very bold color to create a distinctive look. For instance, the color red is quite a popular choice for front doors because it goes great with traditional architecture.
- The color blue is also a good choice if you have a contemporary architecture. Yellow works best with traditional designs.
- If your windows have shutters, you can paint these in a bright color to increase the curb appeal. You can also try to match the color of the shutters with that of your front or garage door. If you like bold appearances, then use the same color as the front door.
For homes that have more than one floor, you can use different colors for each of the floor shutters.
For more information on how to increase the curb appeal of your home, get in touch with Encore painting today for exterior or interior paint jobs in Mckinney and surrounding areas in Texas. You can get a free estimate before you strike a deal with the company.