There’s no denying the fact that Texas is Hot. Because of the long summer season here, a lot of homes end with wear and tear that can cause a lot of problems for homeowners over time. This is why it is so important to regularly inspect the different properties of your house on a regular basis to ensure that you and your family are safe.
We have put together a list of some of the most common problems houses in Texas face and how you can deal with them.
- During the summers, the hot sun beats your home down many hours every day. So it isn’t a surprise that your home’s roof is always under a threat from the constant heat.
The problems you face with roofs include loose shingles, wraps, and damaged structures. To prevent this damage from occurring, regular visual inspection and maintenance are very important. Sealing the cracks, trimming the trees around your roof for extra safety are all measures you can take.
- You also need to get your roof inspected every three to four years to assess the damage and get it repaired on time. If you are a homeowner that has invested in solar panels and they are on the roof, you will need to take extra care of your roof because most of it will be covered with the solar panels.
- If you have a house in Texas, you are likely going to face some problems in the foundations of your home. This is due to the soil in Texas that is largely made from clay.
The clay soil has a lot of minerals in it which attracts water and absorbs it, causing this soil to expand and contract frequently. These changes in the soil can cause your home to experience hairline fractures within its foundation.
- If you don’t attend to the problem on time, it could leave you with an underlying problem that could seriously damage your home. To prevent this, you need to make sure all foundational issues are fixed immediately after checking the state of the soil, making sure it isn’t too soft. Check your roof and yard for any drainage problems that can cause the soil to absorb water. Ensure it is always dry.
- Homes in Texas experience siding issues a lot more than any other state due to the hot weather. Although sliding problems are mostly cosmetic, they can still bring down the value of your home drastically should you wish to sell your home in the near or distant future.
If your siding is showing signs of wear and tear or peeling from the hot weather, you might want to replace the sliding with a new sliding material that can endure the heat better. Not fixing this issue in a timely manner can result in further damage to your home.
- If your home has painted sliding, you can invest in hiring a professional painting contractor like Encore Painting. The company ensures that your home is restored to its best state with a well-maintained exterior.
Replacing your old paint with a new one that resists sun is an excellent option that will last for years to come. To get your home inspected and its exterior painted, don’t forget to check exterior painting services from Encore Painting. Get a free estimate today.