Exterior paint is very important for your home. It not only increases the curb appeal of your property, but also protects the exterior walls from water, mildew and mold damage. But how do you tell that you need a new paint job on the outside of your home?
We sat down with painting experts to find out when is the right time for a new coat on the outside.
3 Signs That Tell You Need A New Exterior Paint Job:
- The ultraviolet rays from the sun are one of the primary reasons why paint fades from exterior walls. The powerful sun rays can easily strip away pigments from a paint no matter how vivid or durable they are. This is especially true if your paint was done in a flat finish way.
Colors and flat paint are easily susceptible to fading, so if your home is directly in front of the sun, the exterior paint can fade prematurely. When you notice that the colors on the outside are fading, it is time to act and get a new coat of paint done to keep your home safe.
- To keep the paint well-protected from sun rays, Encore Painting in Mckinney, TX recommends using special UV protection or UV sealants as your final coat. This will help create a shield on the paint which will delay fading.
Stain and Mold
- Exterior paint is very susceptible to mold and mildew damage. You can easily tell your paint is damaged if you can see black, red, or green stains on the exterior walls. Mold when left unintended can seriously damage the paint and the walls, so it is very important to have new paint replaced.
But keep in mind, when you are going for a new paint job due to mildew or mold, you need to make sure that you hire the best painters in Mckinney. Encore Painting has been serving the area for decades and has the required experience to handle such a tough exterior paint job.
- The painting contractor will first begin with killing the mold with a bleach detergent because it prevents the formation of fungus later on. You must also make sure to avoid any linseed oil because that will encourage fungus growth.
Exterior Moisture Damage
- Because Texas experiences a lot of rain during the summer seasons, water is something you need to be very careful of. Water can destroy the paint as well as the frame of the house from its vapors. When the paint begins to flake and degrade, the water can start to work its way towards the wood and rot it as well.
So it is very important to get a new paint job if water damage is noticed.
Need a New Exterior Paint Job?
If you’re looking for an exterior paint job in Frisco, Mckinney, Plano, Prosper, Allen, and surrounding areas, then get in touch with Encore Painting today. The company has been serving the Greater North Dallas area for over a decade. With hundreds of satisfied clients, both residential and commercial, we can provide numerous referrals as well as countless testimonials and work examples.
Our team uses proven techniques, precision detailing, and stellar skills to make every interior and exterior paint job a true masterpiece. We are proud to be a local, family-owned business.