Top interior painters from Mckinney share basic things you need to know about chalkboard paint
Who would have guessed that the mundane blackboard and chalk from our schools could be used for interior decoration? That’s right. Chalkboard paints are popular tools for interior decoration. They are liquid paints which give a finish similar to a chalkboard once dried. You can draw over them, write motivational quotes, or make a to-do list on chalkboards.
A few years ago, chalkboard paints were limited to restaurants and coffee shops for writing daily specials. However, there has been a surge in the use of chalkboard for homes in the recent past. More companies are now producing chalkboard paints for homes. They are convenient, portable, and easy to use. You can unleash your creativity through words or pictures on a chalkboard.
If you wish to decorate your home with chalkboard paint, read these 5 basic things about it before starting your project.
Pay Special Attention to the Location
- Before you put on the chalkboard paint, survey the room. You want to apply your chalkboard on a wall that is easily accessible. Avoid the hassle of moving furniture and other items by choosing an accent wall for applying the chalkboard paint on it.
When you write or draw on the chalkboard, a lot of chalk dust will come off. Hence you should take into consideration the presence of objects and furniture in the vicinity of the area where you want to apply your chalkboard paint. Look for a spot with relatively less furniture.
Choose From A Wide Array of Colors
- The color black is associated with blackboards and chalks. As elegant as black looks, you don’t necessarily have to buy a black chalkboard paint. These paints come in over 3500 hues and tones. Bright colors like yellow, pink, and magenta will instantly brighten up your room.
Prep the Wall
- Before pasting the chalkboard, make sure the wall is bump-free. Your target is to make the wall as smooth as possible for the chalkboard paper to stick well on it. In order to do that, you have to fill in all the holes and gaps on the wall.
Use sandpaper of 120-200 grit size and lightly sand the wall with it. It will even out all the bumps. Clean the wall afterward and then proceed to stick chalkboard paint over it.
Chalkprime the Chalkboard
- Once the chalkboard paint has dried and set in, you have to prime and prep it a little before writing on it. Take a piece of chalk and rub it over the entire wall where the chalkboard paint has been applied. Cover the entire surface with chalk.
Let is stay for 2-3 minutes. After that, remove the chalk with an eraser. Your chalkboard paint is ready to be painted and drawn on. This step prepares the surface for smooth gliding of chalk for the next assignments.
Store the Accessories Nearby
- Once the chalkboard paint has been applied, it is time to get creative with it. Place a holder for storing chalks and erasers nearby the painted wall. It will reduce the hassle of looking for accessories when inspiration strikes. If they are placed in a safe and secure holder, they will not get misplaced over time.
Chalkboard paint is a fantastic way to turn any place into a writing and decorative surface. You can apply chalkboard paint over cabinets, drawers, tabletop,s and even storage jars to label them. If you are unsure about your painting skills and have no experience of using chalkboard paint before, we recommend you to take the help of professionals.
If you are residing in Mckinney, Texas we recommend you look up Encore Painting. They provide chalkboard painting services at affordable rates and offer excellent customer service.